Monday, August 2

Week 27

No picture this week! Our camera was broken, but it is fixed now, so look out for Week 28 picture!

Week: 27


Total weight gain/loss: We went to the doctor this week, so I actually know the answer to this one now. I will not frighten anyone by saying the number on the scale because, well, it's frightening. Mark's mouth dropped open. On the upside to this, I have only gained a total of 15 pounds from start to finish. I guess that isn't that bad!


Sleep: I have good nights and bad nights. I've been having strange dreams that keep me tossing and turning on some nights. Other nights, I sleep very well. I planned to get up very early and go to school and work in my classroom today, but when Mark left for work, I was sleeping so good, I let myself sleep in until 11.


Best moment this week: Going to the doctor. I always feel more relaxed after visiting with the doctor. I was actually very anxious about this week's doctor's appointment, though, because it was the infamous "Glucose test" day. I get nervous because I am horrible at taking medicine. I'm just as bad as a child. Until high school, I still had to take Children's chewable Tylenol. I still have trouble taking any pills or medicine, which is why I was extremely nervous about the drink they give you to drink beforehand. Of course, I had been reading online and psyching myself out even more when reading that many people start vomiting the drink up right away. Anyway, the drink was not bad. I could just take the gritty sugar in it and it kind of burnt, like I had heartburn, but it did not taste bad and I was proud of myself.

Not only did the drink have me extremely nervous, having blood taken was also making me upset. Normally, I wouldn't get upset about this, but since the last time we went to have lab tests done, I got some witch that decided I "didn't have any veins" and after sticking me 4 times, decided to use the butterfly I suggested from the very beginning (but, "I don't know what I'm talking about and need to get over it since I am having a baby" is what I was told) she finally got some blood out of me. My arm had bruises and I was in pain for days after it.

OF COURSE, we walk in to have the blood drawn and there she stands. The witch. Her name is Gloria. Mark and I had big eyes at each other and both of us were scared. To our surprise, she was totally Phoebe this day and not Ursula (Friend's joke). She used the butterfly I suggested right away, and still had trouble finding my veins, by was very sweet and kind. I haven't heard back from the doctor about the results yet, which is a good thing! If I do hear back, I have to go in for the 3 hour blood draw and who knows how that lady's mood will be that day!

We did find out that Dylan measured almost 29 weeks, when I am only 27 weeks! He is getting big!
The doctor also made a worried/strange face when I asked about still trying to deliver vaginally. We are guessing that based on her reaction and the way this pregnancy has been going, delivering vaginally might not be a good idea. I guess we will decide more on that the closer we get.

OH! I almost forgot! Mark and I graduated from our Childbirth class this week, too!


Movement: He moves. Not too much, but some.


Food cravings: Sweets, sweets, sweets!


Anything make you queasy or sick? Just gross smells, like opening leftover food in a container, but who doesn't get queasy after that anyway!


Labor signs: I felt a strange feeling the other night and I could only describe it to Mark as though it was a slow turning feeling and my stomach felt very very tight and hard. When I mentioned this to the doctor, she informed me that I was already having the Braxton Hicks Contractions. yippee.



Belly button In or Out: Still in!!


Wedding ring On or Off: Still on!!


Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm pretty much bipolar by now. One minute I am laughing, then crying, then yelling, then smiling. I am sure I am pleasant to be around.


Milestones: I'm just glad this "glucose test" is over I was dreading so much! And, we are now in the THIRD TRIMESTER!


Weekly Wisdom:I don't think I am filled with much wisdom these days, but I did point out to Mark that we only have a few weeks left! It's so strange! I seem to refer to Bethenny's pregnancy (from Bethenny Getting Married?!) because  that's who we have watched go through this at the same time, and it is crazy to think about her delivering her baby 5 weeks early. If that happens to me, we really only have 5 or 6 weeks left, give or take! Wow. Mark needs to get more done around here.

Weekly Baby Purchase:
Pee Wee Herman onesie
(I love Pee Wee Herman and if you know me very well, you know that I have been given the nickname "Herman" from my Dad since I was a little girl because I liked to dance like him!)


Dylan's first personalized Halloween bucket


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to drink the drink!!

    When I saw the Pee Wee Onesie I knew EXATCTLY why you got it! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully the braxton hicks aren't too bad or too frequent! can't believe how quickly you are approaching the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen Thomas04 August, 2010

    C-SECTION!!!!! DO IT!!

    ReplyDelete