Sunday, October 31

Things no one told me...

There were several things that have happened that Mark and I have continuously found ourselves asking, "Why didn't anyone tell us this?!" I thought I might make a list of things that I can remember thus far to happen to maybe not send anyone else in shock like I have been.

1. You will not be able to poop for what may be WEEKS after giving birth (c-section or vaginal)

2.You will bleed vaginally, even if you have a c-section. I'm still bleeding. I guess I am making up for all those lovely maxi pads I didn't have to use during my pregnancy.

3. If you decide not to breastfeed, or can't, whatever the case, no one told me it is some of the most excruciating pain you will ever go through when you have to "dry up." I actually was up one night for hours screaming into a pillow, packing gallon size ziplock bags of ice on my chest, and crying. It's been one week, and I'm still pretty sore.

4. They say, "Sleep when the baby sleeps." Yea right! Let me break this down for you. The baby (at least Dylan) wakes up every three hours on the dot! Once you go through the routine of changing the diaper, feeding him, burping him, feeding some more, burping more, changing another diaper, rocking him to sleep, cleaning to bottle, prepares for the next bottle, take a second and go to the bathroom yourself, crawl back into bed, you MIGHT have an hour left to go to sleep, but if you don't fall asleep right away, get used to only sleeping 20 minutes, if that.

I know there is more I can add to this list, because there are always things coming up. I guess I'll add more when I think of it and I'm not so sleep deprived!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. My doctor told me to take stool softeners after my c-section. This might help you.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are having a rough time!! Hang in there and be thankful for that sweet little boy of yours!! We'd all love to hear about how he's doing!!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about all your breastfeeding troubles! ouch! and I hope they clear up quickly!

    ReplyDelete