Wednesday, February 9

One year ago...

Today, exactly one year ago, I found out that I was pregnant. I remembered the exact day. I did not write it down on the calendar, but for some reason, I have just remembered this day and couldn't go without acknowledging it.

It was one evening where Mark and I were just hanging out, doing the usual; watching T.V., getting ready for the next day, etc. I wasn't feeling sick, but for some reason when I went to the bathroom, I thought to myself, "Hey, I should just take a test and see what happens." I have peed on many of these sticks before and was definitely expecting to see the words "Not pregnant" show up like they always have. Of course, this was just a few days before Valentine's Day and as I am waiting the 3 minutes on the results, I start thinking about how adorable it would be if I were pregnant (yea right! not me...) to surprise Mark by telling him in some cute way with a baby Valentine bib or something cute about saying he will be a Daddy, then I see the word: PREGNANT.

Without thinking a second longer, I am not sure what came over me, but I went RUNNING down the hallway, into the living room and start shaking the pregnancy test in Mark's face. Guess the sweet Valentine surprise went out the window. He had no idea what was going on and I finally stopped and showed him the test and said, "Um, are we ready for this?!" Mark's response, "Well, we better get ready!" I can always count on him to say the right thing at the right time. ha.

That was that. I called Mom, then my sister, Kristen, and then my BFF, Angela with the good news. We tried to keep it a secret from everyone else until I went into the doctor at 8 weeks. Turns out, my sister was able to figure out that I had actually only been pregnant for 7-9 days at the most (she's a Labor & Delivery nurse and had her little calendar chart to see). It is very rare to detect a pregnancy that soon and since it was so early, the doctor made me wait until exactly 8 weeks along to come in. Those were a long 8 weeks. Long. Really long. I peed on who-knows how many pregnancy tests everyday until we went to the doctor. It said pregnant everytime, but I still had no sick feeling and just wasn't convinced. I was even the weirdo that was scared to poop because I was scared I might push too hard and lose the baby!

I eventually pooped. I didn't lose the baby. :)

38 weeks later...... an adorable monkey popped out! :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. what a cute story! you crack me up too, i am glad you finally pooped, haha. and you do have quite a cute little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOLed at that one! I remember when you called me to tell me I was going to be an aunt & I was a little confused for a little bit...then I told Ryder he was going to be an uncle...err...I mean cousin! haha!

    ReplyDelete