Monday, February 21

Our weekend

Friday night we made a quick trip to Target to grab some things, like diapers, duh. Anyway, while we were in the baby section, I see this...
You can always count on Target to make a replica of a very expensive design for much much less. Unfortunately, I am the one that bought all of Dylan's baby bedding from Restoration Hardware, and let's just say, the sheets were not $17.99 each. Ugh. To burst my bubble some more, as soon as we got home, I got sick. I was confined to the bathroom for a good two and half hours and it was not good. I'm not sure if I caught a bug or what happened. I got some rest and I'm feeling a little bit better now. Hopefully, Dylan will not get what I had! (fingers crossed)

Saturday I decided to make a little race day shirt for Dylan to wear on Sunday in celebration for the Daytona 500. I took a short-sleeved and a long-sleeved onesie (just incase I messed one up, which I did) and dyed them royal blue. They didn't have navy blue, so that is as close as I could get. Once they dried, I printed off a #24 decal and outlined it on freezer paper. I cut the numbers out, ironed the freezer paper on the onesie and then painted with yellow (pretty much a sticky stencil) Then, I peeled the paper off and wah-la! Well, I messed the first one up. (The center of the number four moved as I was painting and almost done. There were curse words involved. Don't worry, Monkey was in bed and didn't hear.)

The second try was much better and I was more careful. I only did one light-coat of paint because I wanted the numbers to look a little worn. I think it turned out cute. Of course, any boy sporting the #24 is cute to me! :)


We were ready and happy to watch the race on Sunday. It didn't take long for us to change the channel since Jeff got caught up in a big wreck and out. Oh well, we looked cute and that is all that matters! :)




Oh, we also had to try on a super cute outfit one of my students, Abby, gave me for Dylan! It is too big right now, but I couldn't resist at least putting him in it to see how cute he looked, and boy did he!

The cutest Raider Red I have ever seen! Go Tech!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment