On Mother's Day, I mentioned here that I had been working on the gift I was planning to give to my mom, but couldn't talk about it because she hadn't seen it yet. Well, since they came in town this weekend, I was able to finally give her the gift.
Nothing extravagant, but it was my first ever sewing project. The whole thing sounds really simple, but, I have never used a sewing machine before, and this was the first thing I made with it. I thought it would be nice for my mom to have the very first thing I learned to sew. I made her dishtowels and painted a silhouette of Dylan's face on them using freezer paper.
How I made them:
1. Got flour sacks and sewed some fabric to the bottom of them to make them cuter.
2. Took a picture of Dylan from the side and printed it out to the size I wanted it. I traced around his face with a black sharpie to outline it.
3. I put a piece of freezer paper on top of the picture and traced his outline. Then, I cut out the outline using an Xacto knife.
4. Ironed on the freezer paper shiny side down to the top of the dishtowel where I wanted it.
5. Paint the area with fabric paint.
6. Peel off the freezer paper once the paint is dry. This is the best part!
7. There you go! You now have a cute gift for Mom's or Grandparents!
I made three different one's to make a little set of them. (Also, because I didn't know how many times I would mess up. I actually bought enough to make 6... and, I got 3.)