Wednesday, September 28

It's a... ?

This past weekend we went to a gender reveal party for our good friends, Rusty and Briana. I was very excited as soon as they decided to have a party like this because I had never been to one and think it is a really fun idea! I made "Team Boy" and "Team Girl" shirts for myself, Mark, and Dylan to wear the night of the party. Loved them. They turned out great!


When we arrived at the party, we got to put a magnet on the gender we thought the baby would be. Most of the guests chose 'boy'. I was pulling for a girl. I am anxious to buy/make pink things with ruffles and bows.

For the first hour while we ate, these were haunting all of us...

We all kept trying to look them over in hopes of seeing an accidental peek of blue or pink filling. We found nothing. When we were all finished eating, the expectant parents took the first two cupcakes and took a bite out before anyone else to see what color it was...



It was PINK! It's a GIRL! It was so exciting and we are so happy for them. The whole thing was so much fun. I keep wondering if I will host one of these for our next little monkey, but I will have to think more about that. (I have plenty of time to think about it) :)

I have also been a little preoccupied with some other things lately. Well, mainly one thing, but some others have been occupying my mind. We are getting very close to Monkey's 1st Birthday Extravaganza! It's definitely crunch time! I am making to-do list after to-do list and even a to-do list to make another to-do list. Get me? Here is the only sneak peek...

These should be going through the mail by the beginning of next week.


The other things occupying my mind are not very happy things. I have been getting so emotional about stories happening, etc. First, I hear about the baby in the grocery cart getting pushed and then accidentally falling out while being pushed over a speed bump to the car and passing away. The whole story just kept haunting me. I really don't think it would have made me so emotional if I wasn't a mother now. It's just different now. I couldn't even imagine the idea of waking up one day without Dylan. I don't even want to try to think about it. I have a hard enough time letting him spend a few hours without me at a family member's home.

I also just found out about someone I knew, Lindsay, passing away last Friday. I used to work with her while in college. I wouldn't say that we were "friends" at all. In fact, we weren't even Facebook friends. She always intimidated me and was so pretty. She just gave the presence that she knew what she was doing and she had her life together. To top it off, I also worked with her husband,  fiance at the time. They had been together since high school, middle school maybe. I am not sure. Anyway, I don't remember how I ran across her blog, but she had started a family blog before I even did. I would read it all of the time. I loved it. She soon made it a private blog (probably because of weirdos like me) and only let invited readers access it.

Last week, I am not sure why, but she came into my mind and I tried looking her blog up again, but saw that it was still private. I then saw her Facebook page had several people praying for her on it. I started looking more into it and saw that she became very sick a few weeks ago with what they thought was mono. They finally ruled that out and she had so much fluid in her lungs that I saw people mentioning something about pneumonia. From what I have read, it all happened so fast. She passed away this past Friday. She had just had her second baby boy a couple of weeks after I had Dylan. The whole thing has been on my mind and I check her husband, Gabe's, page often to see all of the pictures and updates that he has been giving. I can't even imagine this happening to me. She was my age. Well, a year older, but still.

I am constantly thinking about her and her husband and boys. I wonder how he is handling it. I think he is handling it much better than I would be. He, as many others, have posted such positive comments and I am struggling to find the positive in this situation. I understand that she is watching over her boys, but I do not think that this was part of her plan. I wish she could still be here with her family. I know that she loved them so much and must be heartbroken to not hold her babies anymore.

I was rocking Dylan to sleep tonight and thanking God for putting this little blessing in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I love reading your blog! I feel like I have watched Dylan grow and it amazes me. Makes me miss my kids being little but the are at such a fun age now and I LOVE being a stay at home mom and volunteering at the school. I know what's going on and we are closer now than we would of ever been if we were still in the states. You will always worry about something. At this age we talk about bullying, sex and soooo much more. I just pray everyday that God is watching over them. The heart breakking stories of rape, kids who commit suicide. The one that has real touched my heart lately is a lady who lost her husband. She loves to bake just like me and that's how I found her.. http://www.injennieskitchen.com/2011/08/for-mikey.html
    Thinking of you always... KrisTina

    ReplyDelete