Wednesday, February 15

Our Valentine's Day

I never had a "valentine" when I was younger and I am still not bitter about the holiday. I know many people consider Valentine's Day a made-up holiday that is "stupid," but I don't. I think it's fun to have a day to show people that you love how much you care about them. Actions do speak louder than words, after all. I think guys actually need a day on the calendar that they are required to show someone that they love them since most of them get away with never having to do anything.

We didn't do anything too over-the-top this year. We really never do. Mark and I have always avoided even going to dinner on this holiday since it is so busy. We always picked a different day that week to go out and celebrate. We decided that we will actually go to dinner and see a movie this Thursday, while Dylan is hanging out with his Mimi and PaPaw. We just exchanged gifts with each other and had a little surprise for Dylan, too.

We recorded one of those Hallmark books, "All the Ways I Love You," for Dylan. It's really a cute book! I also got him some red converse shoes that he will have to grow into. I think he was more interested in the red balloon than anything, go figure.

He wore his Valentine shirt and we read a couple of Valentine-themed books together. Later in the day, I added a drop of food coloring to his yogurt and spooned the different colors out like paint for him to play with/eat. He loved it! It was a mess and I wasn't able to get all of it out of his hair until bath time, but he got his snack time in and got to play at the same time. While he played, I added colored water to ice cube trays that I plan to put in the bathtub with him sometime this week to play with for fun.



When Daddy got home... Is that weird that I just typed "Daddy"? I think it sounds funny. Anyway, when Mark got home, he and I exchanged gifts and then went to visit friends, Rusty and Briana. Nothing too extravagant, right? But, the day was acknowledged as I think it should be. My son will be raised to see the importance in this day, as all holidays/birthdays.

I made Mark a card and got him Xbox LIVE and a headset to go with that. He got me the Silhouette Cameo that I have been wanting. I am going to make some awesome stuff with this thing, I can feel it! ;)


1 comment:

  1. what a great valentine's day! Can't wait to see what you make with your new "toy." I am definitely going to steal your yogurt idea though! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete