Saturday, April 7

Dylan's EGGstravaganza!

Today was the big day of our EGGstravaganza Egg Hunt we were having. It almost seemed like deja vu trying to get everything prepped and ready just like Monkey's 1st Birthday! We were, once again, putting the last touches on everything right as the first guests arrived. It was quite the scramble in the last minutes because Dylan had quite a morning! He woke up extremely hot and achy. I took his temp and he had a slight fever, but also was bothered by his ears and even has some scratches on one of them.

My mom and dad held down the fort and tried to get as much done as they could while Mark was at work and I took Dylan to the Kids Clinic. The doctor was FABULOUS :) and discovered that Dylan has horrible double ear infection, sinus infection, AND tonsillitis :( He has felt horrible all day long, but the party must go on!

My sweet baby tried his very best to behave and pick up some eggs, but it was pretty obvious that he wasn't his normal self. I hope he gets to feeling better soon! It has been breaking my heart (and my back having to hold him constantly) seeing how bad he is feeling.

Here are some pictures from the party. I would have had more, and done a few more things, but since we were in a time crunch, many things didn't get cute little labels made for them and such.








In case you're wondering...

I filled roughly 1,000 eggs for the hunt! Fun times! I made all of their Easter buckets, as well. The buckets were plain pink and blue and came from Hobby Lobby. I got to use my Silhouette machine to cut out the bunnies and then their names to go on them in vinyl. They turned out so cute and I couldn't be happier with them! I made the invitations and water bottle labels to match. One of the toughest projects was making the sugar cookies with flat polka dots on them. If you want to try it out yourself, I learned by watching several How-To videos on the University of Cookie's blog. Dylan's sweet little outfit was ordered from Zulily like a year ago. I had to take a guess on the size and although he will have outgrown it tomorrow, he squeezed into it today and I think he looked like the cutest little Easter monkey ever!! :)

We tried to take a "family picture" together. Can you tell which picture that is? Dylan was NOT happy about it. He has already had one bad encounter with the Easter Bunny this week...


Poor thing! :( Maybe next year??



P.S. - While doing this post, Blogger made me PAY for extra storage for pictures. I didn't know that could even happen. Big bummer. I paid. You got pictures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment