Tuesday, April 10

Melmo!

Dylan's very first concert was tonight; Elmo Makes Music! I wasn't sure what to expect out of it. The tickets didn't cost too much, so if he hated it, we could leave and I wouldn't feel horrible. I thought that we might as well give it a try. He was very excited when we got there and just loved pointing to everything he saw that had "Melmo" on it. I strategically picked out our seats when I ordered tickets to be the very first row not on the floor and right on the end to provide him more space to move around. I got a couple of pictures of us before we left to go...

We got him one of those light up spinner toys and he got to pose next to the Elmo cutout for a picture. He was actually leaning in to give him a hug - so sweet! He loved having the freedom of the floor area right by us and could dance and walk around like crazy. Plus, he could climb up and down the stairs non-stop...

Our seats were in "the spot" for when the characters would come off of the stage and into the audience. They all came over to Dylan and loved on him. It was exciting...

He had a good time and I made sure that he had taken a good long nap before we went. I think Daddy will need a good long nap before next time, as he was not nearly as patient as I was with letting Dylan run around, dance, etc. He felt very uncomfortable letting him down out of the chair or his lap that he may disturb other people. I was the exact opposite and let him run free and didn't mind chasing behind him. He is only 18 months. He doesn't know any better. He definitely dashed towards the stage in an effort to go play with Elmo and was stopped by security if I couldn't reach him fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment