Monday, May 21

Lately...

Wow, so sorry for not blogging in a long time! We have been busy around here! Since Mother's Day, time is flying by and I can't even tell you what day it is.

Mother's Day weekend, Mark's grandmother passed away. He was very close to her and we loved her so much! Her "ways" made me laugh and roll my eyes all of the time! If you've ever seen the movie Wedding Crashers, she reminds me of the grandma in that movie! Of course, that is a dramatized version, but you get the idea! haha We will miss Lulu and I am sure she is angry that I type "grandmother" here, referring to her, because she never wanted to be called that! She was ready to go and we are happy that she is no longer suffering.

That weekend, my parents also came into town. We celebrated Mother's Day together and we SUPER excited that Blue Mesa Grill opened in Lubbock! It's one of our favorite places to eat in Dallas, especially the Sunday Mother's Day brunch. It was great! No one here really knows about it too much, so it wasn't too busy at all!


I have been in single mom mode around here, too, since Mark has started planting cotton. Long days, late nights, early mornings, nap schedule changes, etc. have been throwing me totally off! I also released the new iPad (iPad 3) cover in my Etsy shop, as well as my monogrammed jewelry collection, and have been S.W.A.M.P.E.D! It's a good thing, but bad timing. Oh well, I am pretty much Super Mom, so I can deal. Haha. I even decided to convert Dylan's crib into a toddler bed by myself! He was really excited about it, but I think I was even more excited that I was able to do it by myself, which is something I would normally just tell Mark to go in there and do. I sent Mark a picture of Dylan in his bed after I did it. He looks so proud!


Dylan and I decided to make the homemade lollipops from jolly ranchers that has been all over Pinterest yesterday. They are so simple and even more exciting when you're making them! They are so fun because they come out all colorful! Mark ate several and kept saying that they were so good because the different flavors combined all compliment each other. We also had fun trying to melt them into other shapes and I made a giant flower lollipop! It was fun! They would be really cute (cheap and easy) as little gifts or party favors, too!


I also ran across this big beach bag at Target the other day. Call me cheap, but I actually had to stand there are really debate spending $35 on a beach bag from Target! But, I went ahead and got it because I really loved it and wanted to try to embroider my monogram on it! Sounded easy enough in my head, but oh my gosh, it was so hard! Never again. It was so thick that I couldn't get it in the embroidery hoop and tried all sorts of different things to hold it in place. I ended up having it all taped, pinned, and still having to stand and try to hold it in place as it worked.It got a little bit off, but considering all the problems it took to do it, it turned out really cute! I will be sporting it at Dylan's swim lessons this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen Thomas21 May, 2012

    He looks like such a big boy in his bed!

    ReplyDelete