Sunday, September 23

You're welcome!

I'm not even going to start on the crazy rant about how long it's been since I blogged. I know. I'm now the world's worst blogger ever, but I promise I am going to make it up to you RIGHT NOW! How am I going to do this? With the most amazing recipe you will ever read. Mark and I recently discovered these secret energy bites and can't get enough of them. Mark is constantly grabbing one to take in a little baggie to someone to show them how great they are. They are incredibly healthy, give you energy, and taste like you're eating something terrible for you (a.k.a. good!) Go to the store this week and get the ingredients, make them, and then send me a sweet thank you card in the mail (who doesn't love real mail?!) because you will LOVE them! Here ya go... you're welcome ;)

Oh, and because you have missed my awesome blog posts for months now, here is a cute little collage of pictures of Dylan's first trip to the Dallas Zoo that we went to in July and I never got around to posting about it.


What's been going on with us in the meantime? I have taken up 'running'. I just run on the treadmill at home every. single. day. for about 2 miles. That is about the amount of time I can stay on there without Dylan getting very upset with me and unplugging the machine. I have been working up to the amount I am running every day since August and it sounds so pathetic, but I started out by walking 2 minutes, running 2 minutes, and so on until I got to a total of 20 minutes on there. Each week, I have increased the 2 minutes of running by 1 more minute, and now, we are at the point where I am running for 6 minutes, walking for 2, and I repeat this step until I have reached 2 miles.

I have been able to tell a difference with how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling, but not with my weight. Not like it matters if you still weigh the same when you can wear clothes you felt fat in before!

I have also been spending a lot of time working on Dylan's birthday party plans and all of the stuff that comes along with it! The invitations were finally finished today and will be going out in the mail within the next week! I am pretty sure they took more steps to put together than crazy wedding invitations. If you've ever had to create an assembly line with your wedding invitations, you know what I am talking about!

Dylan starts his gym class at the Little Gym on Tuesday. I will be sure to let everyone know how that goes. I am also thinking about doing his swimming lessons AGAIN on Monday and Wednesday evenings during October to give him something to do. He loves going to the pool! We will see if I decide on doing that or not.

Don't forget to thank me for the cookie "balls", as we call them, after you try them! Seriously!


1 comment:

  1. I'm making those tomorrow! They sound so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I want to see the invites! They sound cute!

    ReplyDelete