Sunday, November 18

make your own hair ties

Are you loving the cute hair tie trend like the Emi Jay hair ties? Celebrities and anyone who is anyone is wearing them! They don't leave creases in your hair and look cute just tied around your wrist, too!


They are selling anywhere from 4 hair ties for $10.00 and up! I am guilty for buying some and then looking at them, it is so easy to make your own (and WAY cheaper!) You just buy some 5/8" fold-over elastic from any craft store, but I got mine online here.

I bought tons of colors and some in glitter and have made like 100 hair ties and still have elastic left over! I was just looking through the colors and picked my favorites and would get 1 or 2 yards of each one. I spent about $18.00 total. I made some regular size hair ties and some headband size, too, because I use those while in the shower and while working out. It's the EXACT same stuff they are selling at crazy prices. The EXACT same stuff Jennifer Aniston is wearing in her hair, too.



Here are the easy steps to make your own:
1. measure (about 9 inches)
2. cut
3. fold over in half
4. tie a knot
5. wear it!

1 comment: