Monday, November 19

thanksgiving gifts

I am going to spoil the surprise for some, but I thought some of you might want to know what we are giving as little Thanksgiving gifts this week. I don't really think Thanksgiving gifts are necessary, but it's a nice gesture, if you have time. Last year we did these little cards and mailed them out to some family and friends.

I didn't want to do anything expensive, just something small and cute for some people this year. So, we made some little turkey bags for Dylan's gym class friends that he will give to them after class. I just filled a brown paper bag with animal crackers and a juice box and then used my silhouette machine to cut out the feathers, eyes, gobble gobble message, etc. and glued them on to it. Nothing too exciting, but all of the moms are always grabbing little snacks out of our bags right after class and I thought just taking a little snack would be nice.



For our Mom's this year, I embroidered a plain white dish towel ($2.00 for a two-pack at WalMart) to say "Happy Thanksgiving 2012! Love, Dylan" and then we painted his hand with fabric paint like a turkey and smashed it down on the towels. He HATED it! He hates getting dirty, I mean, seriously, hates it. He was crying the entire time because his hand was dirty. My hands were all wet trying to hold him from crying so much! It's kind of funny, poor kid. He was MUCH better when we finished the towels, washed his hand off, and them gave him a paint brush and paper and let him go to town.


While I was picking up the dish towels, I grabbed an extra set and embroidered them with a white letter L and a circle border around it for my cousin, our hostess, on Thanksgiving day. It's kind of hard to see in the picture since it is white, but I thought all white would be classier than my child's turkey hand-print that only Grandparents appreciate. So fancy, right? lol

1 comment:

  1. These are so lovely thanksgiving gift ideas!! I appreciate this wonderful share. Lately I am busy in planning my daughter’s 7th birthday bash. I will host this party at one of her favorite party venues in Houston. I need some help with decoration ideas. Could you help regarding it?

    ReplyDelete