Thursday, November 1

Trick-or-Treating 2012

Dylan had a lot of fun this year actually trick-or-treating for Halloween! The day before, he took some goodies for his friends at his Little Gym class. We also took the flashlights for our friends last night that we went trick-or-treating with. I just bought orange and black flashlights from Dollar Tree (and the batteries) and added a cute tag. I am not a huge fan of giving candy as Halloween treats since they get overwhelmed with so much of it, anyway.

I decided that I would make Dylan a simple pirate costume this year. He wasn't about to dress up in some ridiculous (ridiculously cute!) costume like last year, so I had to go with something that was more like just some normal clothes that he might not notice he was wearing. I chose a pirate because he was actually always willing to wear his Captain Feathersword hat all of the time! Not nearly as cute as the chicken last year (I'm not sure it will ever get cuter than that), but cute enough! ;)
After we got dressed, we headed over to our friend's house to meet-up and take the kids trick-or-treating together. We all brought something to snack on and, oh my gosh, there were some treats TO. DIE. FOR. You guys are all so lucky, because I am going to share the best recipes with you (and the easiest!) I took my favorite Pumpkin Cupcakes and I don't think they were even close to as good as the Ranch Sausage Taco bites or Caramel Toffee Apple dip that was there! Seriously. These two things were SO GOOD! Not only are they so amazing, they are crazy easy to make, too!
After eating ALL of the amazing snacks, we took the kids around the neighborhood to trick-or-treat. Dylan did great and loved going up to the doors and saying, "Ticka teet" and "tink ewe". ADORABLE. I laughed so hard a couple of times at Dylan. At one door, the sweet lady let him pick out his candy from the basket and he chose a lollipop, then quickly said, "another" and grabbed another one. Don't worry, he told everyone "tink ewe"!
We had a lot of fun! We have never really had too much fun on Halloween, but we LOVED it this year and can't wait until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment